MORE WEST VIRGINIA NEWS
West Virginia News
News from the region's first prime-time newscast. You'll find it First On Fox!
Small electrical fire out at Charles Town Races, fire chief says battery chargers suspected
Reported by: Associated Press
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:07 PM EST
CHARLES TOWN, W.Va.
A fire chief says battery chargers are suspected of causing a small electrical fire at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Lanham says battery chargers for the casino's vacuum cleaners apparently overheated and ignited the fire.
He says by the time firefighters arrived, the fire had been contained mostly by the casino's automatic sprinkler system and the work of casino employees. The immediate area near the fire was evacuated.
The Journal reports casino officials believe damage from the fire is expected to be minimal.
Information from: The Journal, http://journal-news.net/