MORE WORLD NEWS
News from region's first prime-time newscast. You'll find it First On Fox!
Official: Suspected militants kill groom, 30 guests in wedding convoy in northeast Nigeria
Reported by: Associated Press
Reported: Sunday, November 3, 2013 10:26 AM EST
A government spokesman says suspected Islamic militants attacked a wedding convoy in northeast Nigeria and killed more than 30 people including the groom.
Last week suspected extremists attacked a military checkpoint on the road and witnesses said they killed at least four security force members.
Attacks continue though the military has driven insurgents from major towns in the northeast under a more than 5-month-old state of emergency.