MORE NATIONAL NEWS
West Virginia News
News from the region's first prime-time newscast. You'll find it First On Fox!
Conn. prosecutor says he'll end fight against release of 911 calls from school shooting
Reported by: Associated Press
Reported: Monday, December 2, 2013 4:21 PM EST
A Connecticut prosecutor says he will not appeal a judge's order to release 911 recordings from last year's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
He said Monday that the decision was made in consultation with others including an attorney for the town of Newtown.
A Superior Court judge ruled last week that Sedensky did not demonstrate why the calls should be exempt from public information laws in a case brought by The Associated Press.
Newtown officials announced earlier Monday that the tapes will be made public Wednesday.
The AP will review the content and determine what, if any, of it would meet the news cooperative's standards for publication.