MORE OHIO NEWS
News from the region's first prime-time newscast. You'll find it First On Fox!
In lawsuit by mom of stillborn infant, Ohio hospital denies disposing of body without consent
Reported by: Associated Press
Reported: Monday, June 9, 2014 3:31 AM EDT
A northeast Ohio hospital facing a lawsuit denies a woman's allegations that the facility disposed of her stillborn infant's body without her consent and prevented her from having a proper funeral.
In a court filing last month, the not-for-profit hospital acknowledged Wylie was a patient but denied the allegation that employees disposed of the body without Wylie's consent or knowledge.
The lawsuit says Wylie was pregnant with twins and was told before her delivery last summer that one had died. She says she never saw the child after the delivery.
Her attorney has said Wylie doesn't know what happened to the body.
The second baby was delivered alive.