MORE OHIO NEWS
News from the region's first prime-time newscast. You'll find it First On Fox!
Ohio puppy dies in suspected antifreeze poisoning of 18 dogs
Reported by: Associated Press
Reported: Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:16 AM EDT
A puppy has died after his mother was poisoned with antifreeze along with 17 other dogs belonging to a central Ohio man.
One dog died soon after, but veterinarians were able to save the rest.
Since then, one of the dogs, Kassie, gave birth.
The Newark Advocate reported (http://ohne.ws/PBbTuP) that one of her puppies died about a week later,
Butts thinks the puppy died from complications from the antifreeze its mother ingested while pregnant and says the death has brought the pain and shock over the poisoning back to the surface.
The Licking County Humane Society is investigating.
Information from: The Advocate, http://www.newarkadvocate.com