MORE KENTUCKY NEWS
News from region's first prime-time newscast. You'll find it First On Fox!
Judge sets March trial date for father accused in infant's death
Reported by: Associated Press
Reported: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:11 AM EDT
The second trial for a central Kentucky father accused in the death of his 1-month-old son has been set for March.
Davis is charged with murder and abuse in the death of Ja'Vion Davis in January. An indictment said Davis "wantonly engaged in conduct that created a grave risk of death" to the child.
A medical examiner found blunt force trauma to the baby's head and several other injuries.
Davis said he was burping his son when he dropped the infant.
His first trial earlier this month ended with a hung jury.
Information from: The News-Enterprise, http://www.thenewsenterprise.com