Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV (collectively the "Stations"), Feld Entertainment, Inc., Ringling Brothers Circus, Charleston Civic Center, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter, text "CLOWN" to the short code 58447. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 58447 to cancel. Text HELP to 58447 for help. Entrants will receive up to two (2) messages relating to this contest. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts at 9:00a.m. EDT on April 1, 2013, and all entries must be received by the Stations by 7:59 p.m. EDT on April 17, 2013. Stations are not responsible late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability or any other electronic malfunction, or if the text message is not received.
(d) Four (4) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on or about April 18, 2013.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Four (4) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive four (4) tickets to the 7:30pm Ringling Bros Circus show, Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at the Charleston Civic Center. Each prize is valued at $120.00. Station and sponsors are not responsible if the performance is canceled or postponed.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prize, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Stations at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries, time permitting.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Media III, Inc., are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Media III, Inc., are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Media III, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning the prize depends on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WCHS-TV/Fox11, 1301 Piedmont Rd. Charleston, WV 25301 and on the Stations' websites at www.wchstv.com or wvah.com.
3. For the name of the prize winner, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WCHS-TV/Fox11, 1301 Piedmont Rd. Charleston, WV 25301 by April 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., , Feld Entertainment, Inc., Ringling Brothers Circus and The Charleston Civic Center accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Stations are not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.